THIS IS WHERE I STAND COMPLETELY
“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
- Mike Brown’s mom laid flowers where he was shot and police let a dog pee on the memorial site
- “Stand Up Against Racism" demonstration outside US Embassy in London
- Police claim to have no records of arrests of journalists
- Illinois school bans discussions of Mike Brown’s death
- Gov. Nixon introduces new Public Safety Director
- Push for police to wear body cameras continues
- Jon Stewart on Ferguson
Unfriendly reminder that in America it’s reasonable to say an unarmed black kid deserved to be shot six times because he might have robbed a convenience store, but a white kid shouldn’t be kicked off the high school football team just because he violently raped a girl.
Sculptures by Cameron Stalheim. He is interested in fantasy, reality and the objectification that happens in between. His website & More of his art
the police in ferguson are gonna drag this out as long as possible because they’re smart enough to know that the longer it drags on, the less the media will cover it, the less people will care, and the less they have to be responsible for. they don’t want the conflict to end because if it ended now, there might still be some accountability demanded. they know if they can make it drag on for another week or more, that every day it continues they’re less and less likely to receive any punishment for human rights violations because public interest will continue to drop. they’re tiring out and exhausting any defiance or anger.